Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a Senior Engineering Geologist for its operations in Qatar.
1. Experience in planning and managing the supervision of onshore/offshore geotechnical and geophysical investigation works for underground projects (i.e., tunnels, shafts, deep excavations, outfalls).
2. Knowledgeable in borehole coring, logging and sampling techniques.
3. Experience in the planning and interpretation of the following in-situ geotechnical tests:
• Pressuremeter test
• Diagraphy drilling
• Permeability packer test
• Pumping test
• Flow logging
4. Experience in the planning and interpretation of the following in-situ geophysical tests:
• Seismic refraction
• Seismic downhole test
• Crosshole seismic tomography
• Wireline Geophysics
5. Familiar with the installation of geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring (i.e., piezometers, observation wells).
6.Experience in preparing laboratory testing programs and interpreting lab tests results.
7. Familiar with major geological risks in the region.
8. Local experience in similar projects in Qatar would be an advantage.
9. Familiar with geotechnical database software (i.e., gINT) and production of geotechnical design profiles.
10. Effective communication and reporting skills (English).