Senior Engineering Manager, Merchandising
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Engineering Manager, Merchandising pillar. This position is located in Vancouver BC, Canada.
The Merchandising programs provide cutting edge solutions to engage and delight our customers in their shopping experience across multiple brands within Albertsons Companies. The ideal candidate will be passionate in growing and leading the core team(s) responsible for end-to-end project execution, application development and delivery. The Manager leads a core group of project managers, business analysts, software architects, developers and deployment managers that are responsible for delivering technology solutions that support core IT initiatives that drive business value. The Manager must have a deep understanding of marketing and merchandising technologies, has worked in a fast-paced agile development environment and has a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams in delivering highly complex solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with internal and external business partners to understand priorities and influence the product roadmap.
• Work closely with IT Senior Leadership to understand the business priorities and ensure the team is focusing on the right goals and objectives.
• Build a high-performing team of technical professionals (Software Engineers, Technical Leads and Architects) and Project Managers/Scrum Masters.
• Accountable for delivering resource forecast and managing project budget to achieve project goals.
• Responsible for managing resource constraints, addressing skill gaps, and team development.
• Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, w/ highest quality) of all IT programs and projects within the Marketing and Merchandising domain.
• Manage multi-million-dollar budgets.
• Collaborate with external partners to explore and research solutions, produce proof-of-concepts and integrate into production systems.
• Work closely with Architecture, DevOps, Infrastructure, Information Security, IT PMO & Finance, and other IT functions as well as key vendors/partners in implementing right solutions.
• Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability.
• Drive best practices in software development using agile/scrum approach.
• Effectively communicate information across multiple levels of the organization.
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
• 10+ years of IT experience.
• 3-5 years in managing and leading team of Software Engineers or Developers.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Marketing & Merchandising functions including Product, Placement, Pricing and Promotion.
• Proficiency in implementing merchandising systems and integrating those systems with other technologies.
• Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact. Ability to translate high-level business objectives into actions.
• Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative development).
• Knowledge of IBM AIX, Oracle, DB2, Azure-SQL, Unix, Windows, Java, rest/micro services, web development, Cloud-based technologies, Azure, Kubernetes, SaaS, network, firewall, middle-ware technologies, and continuous integration/deployment. Knowledge of the Mainframe is desirable.
• Experience in collaborating with distributed global teams in a matrix/flat organization and working alongside Leads/Management team and various stakeholders.
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence IT professionals across the enterprise.
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers.
• Ability to build teams and maintain positive working relationships across the company.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel, and train team members.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
• Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
• Team: We always support and recognize each other
• Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
• Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
• Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
• Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
• Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
• Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
• May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
• Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
• Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
• Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled