Senior Environmental Scientist/Project Manager
BL Companies Inc
BL Companies is 100% employee owned, giving us a competitive edge and a unique distinction from most other companies. We offer a competitive benefit package which includes 6 paid holidays plus the week from Christmas to New Year’s paid, generous PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k matching, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are an ENR Top 150 firm that provides engineering, architecture, land surveying, and environmental consulting services to the public and private sectors. BL has 14 offices and is expanding.
Our employee owners are capable of being successful working in hybrid environments, and we are now offering opportunities to continue in this setting.
We are looking to hire a mid-level professional with 7-15 years of experience to work with the Environmental Site Assessment in our Harrisburg, PA office.
This position will involve the coordination and management of all aspects of environmental due diligence projects including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments for individual properties as well as portfolios of commercial properties. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the project teams, interfacing with clients, technical writing and review of reports, and mentorship and training of junior staff. This position will include growth opportunities for additional responsibilities.
- Oversight and Technical Review of Phase I and Phase II ESAs
- Coordination of project teams and resourcing for due diligence projects
- Technical report writing for due diligence projects
- Preparation of budgets and proposals
- May also include completing all aspects of Phase I and Phase II ESAs, field supervision and sampling for remediation projects, subcontractor oversight of soil borings, well installation, and soil, groundwater, and vapor intrusion sample collection
- Management and oversight of field health and safety
Keyword: Senior Environmental Scientist/Project Manager
- BS Degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or related scientific or technical field
- 7-12 years of experience in completing and/or overseeing due diligence projects
- Experience with environmental regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills including technical writing
- Experience in field sampling of environmental media (soil, water, air, waste)
- Ability to lift/carry field equipment up to 40 pounds
- Ability to access remote locations and sites for sampling
- Familiarity in AutoCad and/or GIS a plus (not required)
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour Certification preferred (not required)
From: BL Companies Inc