A global professional services firms seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. You will be a member of firm’s Revenue and Strategic Financial Analysis team – a team of highly visible, motivated, and well-regarded financial professionals whose primary responsibility is to provide key revenue analytics support for the firm. The Senior Analyst will summarize large volumes of data in executive summary schedules and reports, develop financial models, engage in key strategic projects and initiatives, and provide billing statistics and analytical support to the firm’s leadership, attorneys, Finance & Accounting department management, committees, and other firm management as requested. You will work independently to develop new reports and to distribute monthly financial reports to managers across the firm. You will also work with the firm’s Finance Managers on various projects that require in-depth analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Working in a team environment to complete ad-hoc financial analysis, reports and special projects related to client statistics and firm financial metrics.
- Utilizing analytical skills and expert knowledge of business, economics, finance, and accounting to complete complex tasks.
- Utilizing Elite financial system and Business Objects to obtain data and organize the information and build reports to facilitate effective analysis.
- Accurately interpreting requests for analysis and reporting to produce appropriate and correct final work product.
- Effectively communicating work product to colleagues across the firm through e-mail, phone, web conference, video conference, and in-person presentations. Answering any questions that may arise regarding the data and/or analytical methods and assumptions used to build the work product.
- Making recommendations to streamline workflow and process within the organization. Utilizing new technologies to automate tasks and reporting.
- Maintaining detailed records documenting procedures, methodologies, and sources of information employed while performing analytical tasks.
- Ensuring timely delivery of accurate and professional work product.
- Completing special projects as requested.
- Maintaining professional image within the Finance and Accounting department and projecting the same image to those outside the department.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
Analysts who demonstrate advanced analytical modeling skills, as well as top-of-class customer service will have an opportunity to work on the team’s newest service offerings: (i) support of our partners in conducting client-related capitalization modeling which provides an opportunity to work with attorney deal teams as they advise start-up clients moving through early stage funding, IPO, or other financing events, and (ii) support of our practice groups in monitoring market opportunities and identifying viable prospects, which involves analyzing publicly available financial information from such sources as Bloomberg and CapIQ.
- The successful Senior Financial Analyst will possess excellent leadership skills including: organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making, displaying the ability to lead large, long-term, and complex projects from inception to completion and the ability to develop alternative solutions to meet goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of related analytical experience in finance or accounting is desired. Experience at a professional services organization is desired, as well as experience in working on ad-hoc requests and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus. Knowledge of Elite is a plus.