Professional Service Industries, Inc.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Geologist for our Plano, TX Environmental Group.
Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria within Geology or Geological Engineering. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and substantial adaptation of standard techniques. Recognized as fully competent in all conventional areas and can handle multiple tasks/projects/assignments. May provide technical support to other personnel.
- Perform site reconnaissance including coordinating utility location before drilling, taking photos, surveying, and boring layout
- Conduct field drilling and/or field soil testing activities including logging of samples, testing procedures and results, and site conditions
- Perform laboratory tests on soil and maintain organization of the soil laboratory
- Put together boring location plans and site vicinity maps
- Data entry from field and laboratory tests (must be proficient in Microsoft Excel up to entering in equations)
- .S. Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering is required
- Phase I and Phase 2 with experience in SPCCs, Industrial SWPPPs, and Remediation
- A minimum of 5 years experience is required
- Professional Registration is required, i.e. P.G. or P.E.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.