Senior Health Economist (RU76)
Las Vegas, NV
Are you interested in working for a truly employee focused company with exceptional work life balance, in a cutting-edge industry, where you can develop globally valued skills and apply your knowledge to improving healthcare?
BresMed is a health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) consultancy that works with pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, helping them demonstrate the clinical and economic value of their products to governments and other healthcare payers and providers.
Everything we do is grounded in our three company principles: Fulfilled Team, Delighted Clients and Thriving Business.
Over that past 15 years we’ve grown to employ over 160 people in the UK, India, Ireland, the Netherlands and the US. As we’ve grown, our commitment to scientific rigor, innovation, employee wellbeing and client success has been unrelenting. Our office dynamic is intellectually stimulating and focused on delivering excellence within a vibrant culture where everybody matters.
We firmly believe that we all have a valuable contribution to make and closely support each other to build a career that suits our skills and personal interests. Many of us joined as graduates and have grown into senior roles
Does this sound like your ideal work environment? Read on
In your role as a Senior Health Economist, you will have responsibilities focused on client-facing project delivery and business development.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
- Taking a strategic and technical leadership role on economic modelling projects with the opportunity to fulfil a technical leadership role within multi-disciplinary projects including global evidence generation and health technology assessment submissions
- Providing strategic and technical expertise both to clients and internally
- Training, mentoring & supporting more junior health economists
- Playing an active role in business development & RFPs
- Depending on your interests, work on development opportunities such as: publishing work, new methods development & application, presenting at conferences, providing economic input to evidence generation activities, expert involvement on advisory boards/reimbursement bodies to name a few
You will be an experienced health economics professional and lead by example upholding and advocating the BresMed values – Everybody Matters, Trusted Relationships, Team Spirit and Excellence – in all aspects of your work.
You will have:
- Several years experience in the hands-on design and construction of economic models from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or a relevant academic environment
- Designed and built several cost-effectiveness and/or budget impact models from concept to conclusion, including quality control, review and critique of models
- Be skilled with Excel® and Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA; this is our primary modelling platform)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
- Proven ability to manage projects within timelines, budget and scope
- Proven ability to resolve issues and challenges:
- Experience developing cost-effectiveness and/or budget impact models for global use or experience developing HTA reimbursement submissions
You will have a distinct advantage if you have:
- Experience of programming individual patient simulations or discrete event simulations (preferably in R or VBA)
- Experience programming economic models using R
- Experience of analysis of clinical trial data for use within health economic models, e.g. survival analysis, quality-of-life analysis, and combinations of randomized controlled trial and non-randomized controlled trial data
- Published work in peer-reviewed journals and/or presented at conferences
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus bonus scheme
- Generous PTO - over 35 days
- Matched 401k contribution
- Healthcare and well being benefits
BresMed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of merit, irrespective of protected characteristics and in accordance with legislative requirements.