Senior Legal Counsel
This position is located in Reston, VA
This position is not remote work
US Citizenship or Green Card Holder - no sponsorship available
- Represent the company as legal counsel, handling a myriad of legal matters internally,as well as managing outside counsel.
- Provide management with practical advice on legal matters affecting company strategies
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES –
The position is a provider of a wide variety of legal services for the entire company. A summary of current work allocation categories appears below. However, work volumes and types change over time.
- Environmental issues relating to our processing plants
- Litigation - management, witness preparation, document production, budgeting and reporting
- Sustainability counseling – all aspects relating to fishing industry
- Regulatory counseling (other than environmental) - work with regulations and agencies such as FDA, NOAA, CBP, CCPA, Prop 65, and support of Quality and Manufacturing
- Other Commercial – advertising, labeling and promotional review, negotiating and drafting contracts
- Compliance, Risk Management & Client Education, including development of company policies and procedures
- Reporting & Budgeting, including quarterly reports for auditors, corporate governance, annual and updated budgeting
- Law Degree, admitted to state bar.
- 2-5 years of overall professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience position of similar complexity, scope, size
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations relative to the import of food products from international manufacturing facilities, including but not limited to, tariff classification, FDA, NOAA, CBP, CCPA, Prop 65
- Experience dealing with relevant government agencies
- Experience managing a variety of litigation, including product liability.
- Experience with in-house legal matters, including budgeting and corporate governance
If you have a disability and cannot apply online, please mail your resume and cover letter to:
225 North Shore Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
ATTN: Human Resources
Please note: this option is for individuals with disabilities only.
StarKist Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
About the Company
StarKist Co. provides trusted, healthy, food products in the United States. An industry innovator, StarKist was the first brand to introduce StarKist single-serve pouch products, which include Tuna Creations®, Salmon Creations® and Chicken Creations™. As America's favorite tuna, StarKist represents a tradition of quality, consumer trust and a commitment to sustainability. StarKist's charismatic brand icon, Charlie® the Tuna, swam into the hearts of tuna fans in 1961 and is still a fan favorite today. StarKist Co. is a subsidiary of the Dongwon Group.