Senior Manager, Career Advancement
Per Scholas Inc.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Senior Manager, Career Advancement in our Atlanta location to train learners in essential skills for beginning and advancing in their careers in technology. You will also coach alumni learners for two years post graduation to set and meet career advancement goals.
The Senior Manager, Career Advancement will report to the Managing Director and will enhance the quality of our career development program to learners and alumni.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Curriculum & Workshop Facilitation
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct regular comprehensive sessions of career advancement training to prepare learners for entry to mid-level jobs in the field of Information Technology.
- Training topics include but are not limited to: interviewing skills, resume and cover letter creation, LinkedIn profiles, job search and networking strategies, customer service training, workplace success strategies, career advancement training, and business communications
- Design supplementary curriculum to better meet learner and employer training needs
- Assist with the facilitation of new class kick-off events to effectively onboard new learners
- As needed, facilitate remediation workshops and individual coaching sessions with learners who need additional support outside of the classroom
Managing learner Performance & Experience
- Work closely with Director, the Business Solutions team and Managing Director in meeting or exceeding key performance indicators (kpi)
- Function as the first point of contact for learner questions and issues within the Career Advancement course
- Provide learners with ongoing individual career counseling
- Ensure timely and accurate data management in CRM (Salesforce) system
- Collaborate with the technical instructor and the learner Experience team to prepare learner evaluations
- Participate in cross-functional learner progress meetings with other members of admissions, business solutions, and technical instruction teams
- Ensure quality and timely uploading of learner resumes into the database portal
- Oversee Per Scholas’ learner attendance and performance policies and manage communication with learners not meeting program compliance requirements
- Accompany learners to corporate engagement site visits, mock interviews, networking events and lunch and learns with Per Scholas employer partners
- Work collaboratively with the learner Experience team to provide wellness and financial support to learners
Alumni Advancement Support
- Work closely with Director, the Business Solutions team to provide ongoing job search support to recent alumni
- Work closely with the Business Solutions Team Director, Business Solutions as needed to cultivate relationships with potential and current alumni employers
- Provide monthly and quarterly follow-up and advancement services to both employed and unemployed alumni for two-years following graduation
- Manage results against performance goals
- Conduct real-time learner data entry in Salesforce
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree required in the areas of education, business, or other related field. (equivalent practical experience may be considered)
- 3-5 years experience in workforce development with a specific background in job readiness coaching, or education
- Experience in talent acquisition, organizational development or adult learning in the tech sector, a plus
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training and understanding principles of classroom instruction
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suites, Learner Management Systems preferred
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are not afraid to make tough decisions or have tough conversations with learners.
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You are a resourceful thinker.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 14,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology. Per Scholas has campuses in Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Phoenix, AZ; and Seattle, WA.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more atperscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.