Senior Manager, US Metabolics Marketing – Rare Disease
Senior Manager, US Metabolics Marketing – Rare Disease
My client, a global, publicly traded, rare disease division of a larger pharma company, is based in Boston MA. They combine groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body's immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric organization offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference!
They have the best of both worlds at this organization…the autonomy to be the experts in the field that they are, but also the backing and resources of large pharma to support them. They have a solid rare disease pipeline with 8-10 launches anticipated in the next couple of years!
Currently seeking a Senior Manager, US Metabolics Marketing to join their team.
- US focused Pharma or Med device marketing experience
- Experience with both HCP AND patient marketing a plus
- High energy, strong communication skills
- Rare disease experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Can be based out of the Boston office or Delaware office
Reporting to the Director of US Metabolics Marketing, the Sr. Manager of US Metabolics Marketing is responsible for developing and executing tactics supporting a unique, high-growth franchise. In this role, this individual will provide key tactical support for the assigned product. The Sr. Manager of US Metabolics Marketing will work closely with field teams, patients and caregivers, HCPs, and PAOs, as appropriate, and will be a key cross-functional player, liaising with numerous teams to accomplish goals, including Field/TLL, Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Patient Advocacy, Patient Services/SPP vendor, Medical, Market Access, Commercial Operations and Medical Legal Regulatory Review Committee.
- Support strategy and roll-out of innovative field programs, including those that use advanced insights leveraging AI. Partner with Training and Commercial Operations to develop new capabilities and required Marketing materials for field force roll-out
- Partner with AD, US Patient Marketing to develop patient marketing tactics
- Lead Patient and HCP Marketing, inclusive of strategy and tactical execution
- Identify KPIs and collect metrics across TLL, HCP Marketing, and Patient Marketing, tracking performance across all channels
- Oversee critical patient adherence programs, leading roll out to Patient Services team, and report metrics to leadership and cross-functional teams with a regular cadence
- Partner with Sales Leadership in developing framework for Regional Business Planning
- Support efforts to develop well-defined customer segments and message differentiation, and lead appropriate in-market testing to identify top performing messages
- Partner (as appropriate) with cross-functional colleagues in Market Access and Strategic Accounts to develop a well-articulated value proposition for healthcare organizations (HCOs) and payers
- Support brand team market research initiatives, and present findings and key recommendations to leadership and cross-functional partners
- Manage patient engagement efforts for the brand, owning logistics for Patient Educational Events, internal engagement opportunities, as well as associated content development and approval
- Provide support to Marketing and Brand Leads during Brand Planning and AOP Process, as well as Annual and Regional Sales Meetings
- Provide operational brand support: manage print production inventory, route SOWs for financial approval, and assist with other project-based tasks that support the overall brand
- Cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional teams, and possess the ability to lead discussions with diverse stakeholders on high-stakes topics on tight timelines
- Adopt a can-do, leadership mindset, create organizational energy and excitement about the brand, and galvanize cross-functional teams to buy into brand mission
- Bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences or Business/Marketing with direct Life Science (Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices) experience is required; rare disease experience preferred
- 3-5 years Pharmaceutical or Medical Device marketing experience, rare disease preferred, or 1-2 years life sciences consulting
- Proficiency in leading analyses of complex data sets and extracting insights, presenting findings to leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a track-record of high-quality, detail-oriented work
- Experience with Medical Legal Review (MLR) process and approval of branded and unbranded promotional content a must
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects across functional areas, and work independently when appropriate, in teams, and as a sub-team lead
- Must be comfortable managing multiple competing, frequently shifting priorities, and working through uncertainty
- Strong knowledge of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Anticipate 25% travel
Does this sound like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for? If so, AND you meet the minimum stated requirements, please forward your resume IN WORD FORMAT ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to number of responses, only those candidates that most closely match my client's requirements will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
If this is close, but not the exact fit, I specialize exclusively in pharma/biotech commercial opportunities. To view my other openings, please visit:
Once to the page, you may want to bookmark it as I update it regularly. If you are interested in an opportunity, please email me, including your resume and I will reply and schedule a time to chat if there is a potential fit. AGAIN, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. I work by appointment only as I am on calls all day every day. THANK YOU!