HonorBuilt thrives on complex jobs and large-scale deployments. We intimately understand not only restaurant POS systems but also the innerworkings of today’s modern restaurants. How? Because we work with some of the most technically advanced brands and are in restaurants every single day.
We need a talented Senior Network Engineer to join our Escalation and Development Team. The role requires high touch customer service skills and highly accurate responses to our Support teams and Customers. You will be asked to own and deploy technical solutions for our Managed networked devices and hosted services. Daily, you will need to run diagnostic applications, isolate problems and implement solutions to prevent reoccurrence, in addition to involvement with proactive upgrades and service offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsively receive escalations from our Support Centers and Customers.
- Manage and maintain our internal network services, hosted platforms, and managed devices.
- Respond and resolve network outages or customer configuration requests.
- Consultatively design, configure, deploy, and document networking solutions to meet regulatory requirements.
- Complete timely proactive maintenance of managed devices.
- Support & perform compliance audits, including remediation tasks as requested.
- Ability to script and implement change through Command Line in addition to GUI.
- Manage vendor partnerships.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate through direct communication, ticket notes and presentations.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Interaction and management of 3rd party vendors for escalations on hardware and software.
- Key involvement with the discovery, design, configuration and installation network and system solutions.
- Ability to manage team configurations in large deployments of network devices and configurations.
- Assists HonorBuilt with our service delivery, project completions, and other duties as assigned.
- Service awareness of HonorBuilt’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
Candidate Requirements include:
- Exemplary ownership of problems and issues.
- 5-7+ years of experience in related position
- Expert knowledge of BGP, IGRP, OSPF, RIP, SDWAN & WRP.
- Experience or certification in Fortinet solutions is highly desirable.
- Exceptional ability to research and troubleshoot technology problems, specifically focused on networking.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Active participation in our emergency 24/7 response on-call system.
- A successful background check, drug screening and technical interview.