Senior Network Engineer
Paragon Hire, LLC
Senior Network Engineer
Paragon Hire has a contract-to-hire opening with our client for a full-time regular position Senior Network Engineer in Ashburn, Virginia in their Office of Data, Security and Technology has a full-time, regular position located in Ashburn, VA This role reports to the Manager, Network Engineering. Work is remote until January 2022.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the company IT systems as well as proactive monitoring to ensure smooth and efficient operations. If you have a passion for moving quickly, breaking new ground, and sharing your expertise in a fast-growing, innovative company, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be part of a team of engineers responsible for network engineering, Voice and VTC infrastructure, configuration management, network operation center, and disaster recovery functions for a converged IP network in a hybrid on-prem and cloud environment.
- Provides architecture, engineering, and operational support for a converged IP network that carries voice, video, and data in a hybrid on-prem and cloud network environment.
- Performs network infrastructure support of switches, routers, wireless, load balancers, cloud connections, cloud security, WAN optimization devices, and/or VTC conferencing solutions, etc.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to the company network infrastructure.
- Helps oversee the day-to-day health of the enterprise network infrastructure, with a focus on assuring network stability, capacity, and organizational productivity.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed network infrastructure.
- Supports the development of network architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Perform routine, proactive and pre-conference testing and maintenance of conference room equipment, videoconferencing room setup, operation and support.
- Review VTC user request, schedule and manage VTC sessions.
- Works closely with vendors to enforce network service level agreements.
- Conducts research and evaluates current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations.
- Responsible for the increasing levels of LAN/WAN security in maintaining the LAN – WAN barrier systems responsible for preventing unauthorized access to network systems.
- Provides leadership and guidance to junior members and other members of ODST with regards to the above when appropriate.
- Participates in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Performs job responsibilities and duties in an “agile” environment.
- Performs other job duties or responsibilities, as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in engineering, information technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data and video networks in a geographically distributed environment.
- CCNA, CCNA Voice certification is required.
- Possesses solid understanding of advanced internetworking routing protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, MPLS, VPLS, QoS, STP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF).
- Strong experience with data center and campus network devices including Cisco catalyst and Nexus switches and Cisco routers (Cisco ISR, ASR series) including, but not limited to Catalyst 38xx, 45xx, 65xx, 68XX, 9300. Nexus 9xxx, 7xxx, 5xxx, 3xxx and 2xxx series.
- Experience and advanced skillset installing, configuring, and optimizing Cisco VOIP system including CUCM, CUC, Expressway, SIP gateways etc.
- Advanced skillset and demonstrated experience with the design, installation, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of AV and Video conferencing systems including Poly conferencing solution, Crestron control systems and Utelogy AV and VTC monitoring system.
- Experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management, and performance analysis tools, including SNMP, SolarWinds, NetBrain, Scrutinizer etc.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ISE, Aruba Clearpass and various network security concepts, best practices, and, firewall policies.
- Strong experience with WAN optimization technologies including Riverbed and Silver peak.
- Experience with Cisco and Aruba wireless network technologies.
- Experience with Azure cloud network services.
- Experience with F5 LTM load balancing.
- Experience with structured cabling and maintaining WAN circuits.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks.
- Ability to coordinate and complete multiple assignments and projects at any one time with minimal supervision.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Position may require occasional travel to other company locations throughout the continental U.S.
- Cisco CCNP certification.
- Poly professional and/or Expert certification.
- Hands-on experience on SD-WAN (Silver peak).
- Microsoft Azure certification.
- Considerable experience with site-to-site VPN technologies.