Senior Network Pricing Analyst - Remote in the Pacific Time Zone
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
This position supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, shared/full risk delegation, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial modeling, analysis of utilization, and reporting. Conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Manages unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
This position will primarily support the Northern California market. This position is based in the Cypress or San Francisco Office. Telecommute arrangement can be considered based on work experience.
Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here's your opportunity to combine expertise and compassion in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this senior role, you'll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
- Analyze financial impact of provider contracts (e.g., facility; physician; ancillary).
- Analyze financial impact of corporate initiatives (e.g., policy changes; healthcare affordability) or external regulations (e.g., healthcare reform)
- Analyze payment appendices to provide options for various contracting approaches and methodologies.
- Communicate results of financial impact and analysis to appropriate stakeholder groups (e.g., Network Management; Network Pricing leadership).
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Influence pricing strategies and rate development by highlighting opportunities for improvement or protecting favorable rate structures
- Strategize rates or contract methodology with network management to create optimal contract
- Review competitive analysis to identify appropriate pricing rate for provider
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, healthcare economics or related discipline
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Intermediate ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid PPO and HMO revenue and expense, as well as delegation financial modeling
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Postgraduate degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics or Actuarial Science
- Experience in MS Access, SAS and/or SQL
- Experience with advanced statistical functions for financial modeling
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior Network Pricing Analyst, Northern California market, Telecommute, Provider Network , Provider support, #RPO
About the Company
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these individuals, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks and in return, offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. Exceeding your limits is an exceptional start to your life's best work.(SM)
Just like you, we are driven by a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care. Are you in? Learn more about your future at UnitedHealth Group at http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com
UnitedHealth Group Values:Just like you, we’re driven by values that are guiding our way forward:
Integrity – Honor commitments. Never compromise ethics.
Compassion – Walk in the shoes of people we serve, and those with whom we work.
Relationships – Build trust through collaboration.
Innovation – Invent the future, learn from the past.
Performance – Demonstrate excellence, in everything we do.
With these values as our foundation, and through the talents, drive and compassion of people like you, UnitedHealth Group will transform health care. And we’ll continue our evolution as a company, making an even greater positive impact on the lives of those we serve.
Consider your future at careers.unitedhealthgroup.com