The Senior Operations Manager will have overall accountability for the operations of the shopping center and will operate the center in accordance with Company policies, standards and Culture. The Operations Manager has a thorough understanding of (and ability to manage) mechanical systems, construction practices, preventative maintenance and government regulations.
- Provide the customer with a pleasant experience; removing any potential irritants beginning in the parking lot or garage and extending into the spaces. This includes having a clean, safe well maintained facility with appropriate signage, lighting and landscaping.
- Supervise and administer all deal-driven tenant and landlord construction, as well as CapEx projects for any given fiscal year. Must be able to leverage knowledge of the property to assist Tenant Coordination with as-built conditions, available utilities, and any known constraints. Review Tenant (or Landlord) work drawings, including MEP/FP plans, enforcing the execution of LL approved plans during tenant build-out.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with team, and all external contacts, including (but not limited to) vendors, suppliers tenants contractors, contracted services, local authorities, local code officials etc.
- Effectively manage vendors through a thorough understanding of all applicable service or maintenance contracts, maintain open communication with vendors through regular meetings. Administer all required insurance certificates, and invoicing. Ensure that our vendors incorporate our cultural values. Provide GM with regular updates in regard to status, performance or issues related to vendors.
- Understand and follow Company policies for bidding, identify qualified bidders, manage all construction activity to meet plans and specs. Complete on schedule and on budget.
- Strive for personal growth and self-improvement through continuing education, seminars, professional organizations and publications
- Identify and resolve human capital issues in conjunction with Company policies and under direction of GM
- Create the annual expense budget within defined guidelines, implement and forecast operating expenses to that budget. Meet regularly with the General Manager to review financials and adjust as needed to meet the current financial plan.
- Create, update and manage a five year capital plan for the property. Administer CapEx requests and annual Capital Plan (run-rate and Large projects) for implementation and completion on time and on budget.
- Provide property level support for systems including IP based phone and computer networks, building WIFI systems, digital advertising and CCTV systems
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate and implement promotions, events or specialty leasing programs
- Administer all state and federal required reports and safety documentation
- Supervise & maintain mall level risk management and emergency planning procedures
- Have a complete understanding of what drives utility consumption and demand, all parts of a utility bill, and utility rebates, new technologies and fostering a good relationship with the local utility representative
- Have an awareness of what sustainability means to the Mall by setting goals or having an understanding of KPI's for the centers: recycling programs, disposal/reuse of modular barricade system; grease/cooking oil recycling; metal recycling; effective management of the Mall's waste stream
- Participate in center strategic planning efforts, prepare operational reports for regional/corporate managers
- Participate in manager on duty rotation and manage day-to-day activities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree or vocational/technical training preferred; Bachelor's degree, RPA designation or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 years in property management
- 5 years of administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems
- Shopping center industry experience desired
- Knowledge of commercial building practices and systems, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train and direct a mall operations team and contracted services
- Thorough knowledge of computer software and peripherals
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of shopping center management (i.e., leasing, marketing, business development, legal, accounting, and development)
- Knowledge of all financial aspects of the center
- Some experience managing large capital projects
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience with 2 or more employees and contracted services
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.