The Sr. Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll. The Payroll Specialist will manage 500 employees in multiple states and work collaboratively with Human Resources and the Finance Department to ensure payroll efficiency.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year end reporting when necessary (W-2, etc.).
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup.
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
- Maintain and document all payroll records.
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefits rates, new hire information.
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department as needed.
- Manage transfers, new hires and terminations.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Union experience a plus
- Knowledge of labor laws, payroll laws, calculating overtime, calculating double time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting: strongly preferred.
- 5 years’ experience preferred.