Senior Pharmacy Care Technician - Downers Grove, IL
Downers Grove, IL
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Pharmacy Care Technician, you will perform live telephonic outreach to UHC Medicare members and their physicians/pharmacies to improve health quality outcomes (i.e. medication adherence, appropriate drug utilization). This is your opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. You will find an incredible team culture that provides opportunities to learn and evolve every day.
- Perform telephonic customer outreach to improve health quality outcomes in collaboration with clinical pharmacists
- Provide additional telephonic engagement with providers and pharmacies
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements, triaging to a clinical pharmacist when appropriate
- Work in collaboration with clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician License and/or National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- 1+ years of experience working as a Pharmacy Technician
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service role that requires communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word (ability to sort, filter, and create simple documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, respond to, store, and retrieve emails, and use calendar to schedule meetings)
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- 1+ years of experience with pharmacy claims processing systems including ability to help pharmacies resolve rejected claims
- Retail and/or mail order pharmacy experience
- Experience with Part D claims adjudication
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealthcare, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, PCTB, Pharmacy, Pharm Tech, CPhT, Pharmacy Technician, Downers Grove, IL, Illinois, hiring immediately, #RPO
About the Company
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these individuals, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks and in return, offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. Exceeding your limits is an exceptional start to your life's best work.(SM)
Just like you, we are driven by a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care. Are you in? Learn more about your future at UnitedHealth Group at http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com
UnitedHealth Group Values:Just like you, we’re driven by values that are guiding our way forward:
Integrity – Honor commitments. Never compromise ethics.
Compassion – Walk in the shoes of people we serve, and those with whom we work.
Relationships – Build trust through collaboration.
Innovation – Invent the future, learn from the past.
Performance – Demonstrate excellence, in everything we do.
With these values as our foundation, and through the talents, drive and compassion of people like you, UnitedHealth Group will transform health care. And we’ll continue our evolution as a company, making an even greater positive impact on the lives of those we serve.
Consider your future at careers.unitedhealthgroup.com