Senior Product Manager
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a
Senior Product Manager
with a top client in RTP.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities with Apex Systems, please send a resume and best contact information to Caroline, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Client
Apex Systems' client is a product-driven, fully integrated gene therapy company focused on creating and developing innovative genetic medicines with life-changing or curative potential for patients with devastating conditions, including monogenic rare disease and beyond.
Our client's company leverages a proprietary structure-inspired adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector engineering platform (STRIVE) to create unique and differentiated vectors that improve upon naturally occurring AAV serotypes to overcome current limitations of first-generation gene therapies. Combined with genetic construct design expertise and in-house manufacturing capabilities, this company is positioned to generate best-in-class genetic medicines that allow more patients to benefit with maximum efficiency, leading to improved treatment outcomes.
Our client's company is comprised of accomplished leaders and talented, passionate colleagues with a desire to translate innovative science into treatments. Together with their collaborators, the company is making rapid progress on our mission to bring novel medicines to patients who desperately need them. Our client's offices, labs and manufacturing facility are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park, NC.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the management of assigned client products transversally across the organization to ensure successful lifecycle development from entity discovery to commercialization, in line with corporate business goals and objectives. The Senior Product Manager will be in charge of coordinating with key internal and external stakeholders to develop cross-functional integrated development roadmaps, including critical interdependencies across functions & activities, for each product within its scope of responsibility and monitor its execution across the organization. The Senior Product Manager, in coordination with the company's teams, will be responsible for designing optimal development strategies, identifying pockets of optimization/rationalization/improvements, highlighting risks and associated mitigation strategies. This position will also be accountable for successful execution of assigned products' lifecycle roadmaps through solid project planning, regular monitoring, adherence to schedule and budget requirements, roadblocks resolution and risk/issue management in a fast-paced and highly regulated environment. The position will assure coordination and alignment within internal and external stakeholders to assure product development objectives are met. The Senior Product Manager will support the preparation of monthly Portfolio Review meetings and prepare product related communication support, as well as be responsible for weekly product dashboards, business cases and other product related communications to the Operations Leadership team and beyond.
- Responsible for developing detailed cross-functional product roadmaps from entity discovery to commercialization, including listing of activities, responsible stakeholders, timeline estimates and highlighting interdependencies across functions (Research, Therapeutic Discovery, Development, Regulatory, Medical, Clinical, Process and Analytical Development, Research Vector Production, Quality, GMP Manufacturing teams, etc.) In charge of consolidating and integrating plans defined by functional teams, and challenging baseline assumptions to identify pockets of optimization/rationalization to support efficient product development.
- Responsible for monitoring the execution of the product roadmaps, through weekly Product Team meetings and Project Management tools (dashboards, risk management tool, etc.)
- Coordinates with the functional program/project managers and other team(s) on product strategy definition, implementation, and execution to ensure quality, timelines and budget management. Consults with all stakeholders to resolve major problems and respond to roadmaps/priority changes. Supports effective and efficient cross-functional communication.
- Assists the VP Strategy and Operations in the development and implementation of new Program/Project Management tools and organizational processes: Product dashboards, Risk Management tool, prioritization framework, etc.
- Responsible for Product(s) related updates at the monthly Portfolio Review meeting with the company's Leadership Team
- Assists the VP Strategy and Operations in the overall strategy implementation and may have frequent interaction with other corporate functions in the support of the corporate roadmap implementation.
- Supports set-up of adequate internal communication within the Product team (internal meetings, reporting, correspondence). Effectively presents information, responds to questions and facilitates communications regarding critical issues and business impacts to Operations management,
- Plans, coordinates, and supports presentation preparation and may at times be called on to present at internal and external meetings.
- Prepares project management reports for management and key stakeholders, utilizing MS Project, budget tracking and project management tools.
- Establishes and enforces best practices, accurate record keeping and file maintenance.
- Travel up to 20% of the time (if required)
- Such other responsibilities and duties as the Management may from time-to-time assign.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, engineering discipline or similar.
- Experience managing early stages of products' development/lifecycle in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Experience in providing formal presentations as well as proven problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering discipline or similar.
- 6-8 years' experience managing multiple cross-functional Product development / lifecycle in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, including 3-4 years' experience piloting products in discovery / pre-clinical or early clinical stage
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage products/business strategically and tactically
- Proven ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams to achieve results; experience navigating an organization; successful relationship management skills involving multidisciplinary teams
- Results oriented with proven ability to work on a diverse range of activities and projects simultaneously, self-starter yet team-oriented
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, sound business judgment, strong workflow and process analysis skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with competing priorities and ambiguity, strong organizational skills with experience meeting strict deadlines with an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills developed through leading teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to move 50 lbs. required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion activities for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
What Our Client Offers
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation
- A bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting area of science and technology.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth
- Stock Options
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision care
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan + match
- Paid parental leave
- Concierge services
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym membership, fully stocked kitchen, retail discount programs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
About the Company
Apex Systems, a segment of ASGN Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), is a technology services business that delivers emerging technology solutions to bring our clients digital visions to life. Apex has presence in over 70 markets across US, Canada and Mexico. Our consultants work with all types of companies throughout all industries, including more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies. Are you an innovator with high standards who wants to help shape the world? We want you! Learn more about how to find your purpose with Apex, visit www.apexsystems.com.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.