At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
What is Appian?It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
This position is for you:If you have experience with and a passion for DevOps and SRE Practices, Observability, Incident Management and Distributed Systems.
What you’ll do:Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level as well as functionalitieswithineach feature at the sprint level.
- Supportthe adoption of processes, tools and reporting that enable DevOps, SRE, Observability practices for the business.
- Prioritizewhat we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy.
- Participatein quarterly release presentations to share new ideas and to receive feedback on new features.
- Constructdetailed feature specifications outlining feature purpose, desired outcomes, and business impact.
- Definekey milestones and drive incremental delivery using Agile principles and techniques. (Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standup, Sprint Review).
- Alignwith Strategic, Technical, and Development leads to define feature functionality and performance expectations.
- Promotefeatures and practices that strengthen and enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- You understand the value of open-source observability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Cortex, Loki, and Jaeger.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- You understand the benefits of Cloud Native solutions leveraging Kubernetes orchestration.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.