WI ManawaJob Type:
Production ManagementJob Posting Title:
Senior Production ManagerJob Description: SUMMARY:
Provides overall leadership for manufacturing departments in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost, equipment and engagement. Through subordinates, monitors and evaluates the production process and recommends methods to optimize product yields, equipment operation and process control while reducing waste. Engages all employees in continuous improvement and fosters a positive work environment while developing a culture of ownership and accountability. SCOPE:
Manages staff of Business Process Owners (BPOs) and indirectly manages staff of Production Supervisors. Overall responsibility for approx. 350 hourly manufacturing employees. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices.
- Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement toward a high performance / high engagement organization, while assuring effective departmental performance.
- Utilize available data (line speed target, set-up guidelines, and efficiency and process data) to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability. Utilize the above information as a tool to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and product cost.
- Help in the implementation, support and drive of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Set clear priorities and align resources to deliver against business and regulatory requirements in the areas of cost, financial controls, and quality, safety and business initiatives.
- Manage product quality by understanding and communicating customer needs to employees and ensuring expectations are consistently met and according to standard work.
- Establishes clear goals and accountability to subordinates and provides performance feedback on a regular basis. Mentors, develops and trains subordinates in current position and for future career growth.
- Assesses production capabilities of the department and makes recommendations in order to maintain pace with demand.
- Works with outside vendors and internal engineering in the design of production lines and production equipment.
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Diagnose equipment, ingredients and packaging issues. Coordinate with Engineering, Maintenance or others as appropriate to solve production-related problems.
- Ensure each manufacturing area is maintained in accordance with BRC & AIB standards.
- Ensure security of employees, facilities and information systems by following and enforcing established security procedures.
- Ensure clear and concise communication to all levels in the organization.
- Serve as Operations representative for the PLM process.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted in all manufacturing areas.
- Ensure all manufacturing areas comply with 5S requirements and bays are washed regularly as needed, including utilizing the correct chemicals, dosage and application procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Four-year degree required plus 7-10 years of manufacturing experience, with a minimum three years of experience in a supervisory capacity OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in Continuous Improvement / Lean environment strongly preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel. Experience with SAP is helpful.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Professional verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and delegation skills required. Ability to coach, mentor and develop others required. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.TRAVEL:
Minimal travel may be required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle documents or reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may (depending on the area assigned) be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
#IND1 Disability Assistance
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. EEO Considerations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.