Senior Program Associate, Legal
Palmer Staffing Services
Title: Senior Program Associate, Legal
Company: Palmer Legal Staffing
Location: Washington, D.C. (REMOTE)
A national, nonprofit membership organization is seeking a Senior Program Associate to join its Civil Legal Services team. The Associate is responsible for coordinating program projects or initiatives and a wide range of activities designed to support the Civil Legal Services Team and the organization's members, including supporting the Civil Legal Services Team’s research and evaluation activities; coordinating the organization’s efforts to increase cross-sector collaborations with civil legal aid; collaborating with and advocating before a variety of entities within the civil legal aid community; and participating in organization's initiatives as assigned. The position is critical to the implementation of the mission and vision of the organization, and the support and advancement of the legal services and client communities. The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and fully remote indefinitely. The role is temporary with end date TBD.
The statements contained below describe the scope of responsibility and the essential functions of this position and are not an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas. This is an exempt position.
- Coordinates the organization's activities to deliver information, training, and technical assistance to civil legal aid providers that supports their ability to build cross-sector collaborations and pursue public (federal, state and local) funding;
- Leads and oversees the population and maintenance of content for the organization's specialized websites, and coordinates and oversees support form interns/temps/vendors as necessary to support these activities;
- Supports the organization’s activities to educate policy and grant makers on the value of civil legal aid collaborations;
- Supports efforts to convene the civil legal aid and client communities to both give and receive feedback on how changes in law, technology, politics, and other aspects of society that might impact the delivery and provision of legal services;
- Supports the collection and analysis of data, including outputs and outcomes, from the civil legal aid community, and translates this data into reports, advocacy pieces, and other materials that support the movement for access to justice;
- Supports the organization's initiatives, particularly with respect to evaluation and assessment capacity;
- Develops and cultivates contacts with the organization's membership and representatives from federal agencies;
- Responds to internal as well as external information/data or technical assistance requests;
- Participates in the development of substantive programming for the organization's training events, including topical webinars, and in-person trainings and conferences;
- Assists in drafting proposals, reports, and correspondence related to organizational projects;
- Provides staff support of the organization's Councils and their committees, and supports the organization's governance relations activities;
- Participates as an integral member of the organization's Civil Legal Services Division, supporting its activities and initiatives, and advancing its objectives;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public administration, or related field;
- Graduate or professional degree preferred.
- Seven years of experience in nonprofits, legal field, or public policy; familiarity with government and nonprofit data sources; experience with the access to justice community, civil legal aid and/or public defense, or federal Legal Aid Interagency Roundtable a plus;
- Experience with evaluation and assessment of legal work and management systems;
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and organizing data, and producing written reports;
- Experience using data analysis tools, such as SPSS and Stata;
- Experience using web-based platforms, such as Wordpress and WebEx;
- Experience in Adobe Suite, including InDesign and Illustrator, a plus.
- Knowledge of issues in access to justice and the delivery of civil legal aid and/or public defense;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the organization's mission and goals;
- Knowledge of survey and research design methods;
- Strong research skills, using both web-based and published materials;
- Strong qualitative and analytic skills, with a keen attention to detail and data accuracy;
- Strong interest and understanding of technology platforms and artificial intelligence as utilized in the legal arena;
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point with proficiency;
- Ability to work independently and in teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
How To Apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. We welcome all candidates that meet the REQUIRED qualifications with recent relevant experience. Palmer Legal Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us: Palmer is an award winning staffing agency offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary placements for administrative, management, executive, legal and more. We represent more than 500 of the finest law firms and legal departments in the D.C. area.
Palmer Google Reviews = 4.7 stars, visit online to see what other Palmer candidates have to say about us. You are more than just a “number”!
Visit www.plsdc.com and view our job board, contact a recruiter, link to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.