Senior Project Superintendent
The Senior Project Superintendent oversees all field operations on a construction project to ensure that subcontracted trade work and self-performed work is in compliance with contract documents and the project schedule. Superintendents also implement and enforce safety and quality control policies among CPG employees and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for project schedule. Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties in conjunction with QA/QC team regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding RFI's, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work and it is being performed according to the safety program.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety team and program
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Manage all subordinate superintendents on the project. Ensure shift coverage and assignment of areas.
- Manage daily Pull Plan meetings
- Walk project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over daily and weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Senior Project Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, testing consultants, and vendors daily. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline.
- Minimum of ten years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. At least 3 years' experience in data center construction is required.
- Proven leadership ability to drive accountability, schedule adherence, safety and housekeeping across the jobsite and all subcontractors.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) and Procore is also preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
- Occasionally move objects 10-50lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus
JOB LOCATION: Remote & Travelling (project dependent)
TRAVEL: 10% required
JOB TYPE: Exempt – Full Time
REPORTS TO: Construction Project Director
Benefits to Joining Our Team
CPG offers a competitive and comprehensive package that includes additional benefits beyond enhanced medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Benefits - No Waiting Period (Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance)
- Flexible Spending & Health Saving Account Options
- 401K Plan
- Employer paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.