Senior Research Scientist – Assay development
STS Lab 2 LLC
Hebron, KY, US
30+ days ago
· 3+ years experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Work with project leads and team of scientists to build or improve existing molecular assays
· Contribute significant intellectual input into the design of experiments
· Carefully execute laboratory experiments and provide guidance to team of scientists through clear standard operating protocols.
· Establish and author various documents such as SOP, protocols, work instructions, quality control procedures, reports, etc.
· Supports assay design and assay development by critically analyzing and deriving insights from experimental data
· Works with team of scientist and bioinformatics to communicate experiments and conclusion for reviewWe are a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in diagnostics technology to solve real-world problems. As a senior assay development research scientist, you will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting medical diagnostic products and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
The Senior Research Scientist should be an expert in using molecular tools to develop assays leading to commercially viable products. They should have a deep understanding of underlying molecular processes and biochemical components within PCR, qPCR, microarrays, NGS, and WGS assays. This is someone capable of diving deep into the data (requires in-depth understanding of the lab processes, for example to do root cause analysis of experimental outcome based on the data), and someone who can work independently.
· Research and develop both existing and new cutting edge molecular and/or immunoassay technologies
· Carefully execute laboratory experiments and provide guidance to teams of scientists and engineers through the writing of clear standard operating protocols.
· Assist with assay process transfer to production environments and design and execute verification/validation plans
· Work with a team of scientists and engineers to communicate experiments and conclusion for review
· Work closely with clinical, regulatory and quality stakeholders
· Follow literature in the field