Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
We are building the industry’s most advanced data analytics capability. Join a green-field opportunity to take responsibility for developing our Cloud Native Business Intelligence capability at one of the largest REITs in the country. The role includes:
- Developing APIs to support Customer Data Management in AWS that ties together DynamoDB, SQL Server and our Web Portal with a machine learning based algorithm.
- Experience developing serverless Reports and Dashboards and API’s leveraging S3, Lambda, DynamoDB and our Snowflake Data Lake
- Experience developing Kinesis data streams leveraging Glue, Spark and Athena
- Working closely with our Data Science team to implementing machine learning and simulation models that enhance the Customer Experience and drive Profitable Growth
- Working closely with Senior Management to develop reporting and analysis solutions that deliver data driven insights
- Implementing CI/CD best practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field and 5 years experience with cloud native development
- Experience leveraging AWS cloud based data technologies for developing data pipelines including S3, RDS, Glue, DMS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, EMR Spark and Kinesis. Azure DevOps a plus.
- Coding proficiency in Python
- Strong knowledge of software engineering methodologies and data modelling concepts. Snowflake and Snowpipe experience a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools. QuickSight and Power BI a plus
- The ability to explain complex technical material to nontechnical audiences.
About the Company
It started on day one. Convergenz, LLC began in July 2000, at what was fast evolving into the “Dot Com bust” and a rapid rise in unemployment. Our own customers were getting laid off en masse and sending us their resumes, desperate for work. Despite the recession that followed, little by little, we were able to successfully help find people opportunities; and as a company survive this difficult time in our economy. Over ten years later, our mission of connecting people with jobs has never seemed more important.
By the nature of the Staffing Industry, Convergenz is in a unique position to help, and positively affect peoples’ lives. For over a decade we have been able to assist professionals through historically turbulent times in the American economy. From the Dot-Com bubble, through the post 9/11 wave of layoffs, and the “Great Recession” of 2008—we have been able to offer help and resources to people who have needed access to new career opportunities. Whether it was making a major career change, or simply needing to be placed on a contract assignment to get through “right now”—we hope that we are able to help our consultants and clients through these times of uncertainty.
When we think of what sets us apart from our competition, we immediately come back to the fact that we have big company success but do it with a small company touch. Hands on, no red-tape, responsive to peoples’ needs, inquiries, and requests. In other words—Provide Great Service All the Time. When we founded Convergenz, we set out to build a firm that we would want to work for. Be a successful business – but do it the right way, in the boardroom and in the community.
Every day is an exercise in self-reflection —we look to get better, to learn, and grow. We set out to make a positive difference every day, and take pride in the results.