Senior Software Engineer - Shipping (REMOTE)
Dick's Sporting Goods
Everything we do at DICK’S Sporting Goods centers around our customers, or as we call them, our athletes. From online to in-store, we’re disrupting retail through technology.
Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help us drive our key retail disruption initiatives through technology that matters.
We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
This is a full time remote opportunity.
First, let’s talk Tech.
Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a couple of them.
- Java + Spring Boot (experience required)
- Oracle PL/SQL (some experience preferred)
As a Senior Software Engineer at DICK’S you will:
- Bring at least 5 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Have opportunities for career development as we continue to invest in our talent.
- Be a part of a collaborative, innovative culture tackling the challenges of scaling our business and serving up new experiences for our athletes.
- Work with great people in an engaging, remote environment while still having access to the many amenities the Pittsburgh campus has to offer, including a world-class health club, hoteling space, collaboration rooms, and enabled technology for hybrid meetings.
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business
- Support and mentor new members of the Software Engineering team
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
At DICK’S you won’t:
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
If you’re excited about joining the DSG team, we’d love to meet you. Apply today!