We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our team onsite at our Old Town, Scottsdale, location! The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented team player with a broad technology background who can collaboratively contribute to the support and engineering teams while helping organize and document complex technical solutions. This is a great opportunity to build new skills while working with a dedicated and experienced team. The position will entail working with a fast-paced team of engineers, product managers and stakeholders who are all responsible for supporting and enhancing our existing suite of applications and services.
- Work with project and release managers to synchronize, write, edit and organize document related procedures and activities across Digital Air Strike's suite of products
- Work to establish best practice processes and toolsets to ensure consistency in process for established peers
- Work alongside software and data engineers, subject matter experts, as well as less-technical members of the Digital Air Strike team, to create specific documentation addressing business needs and gaps in technical knowledge
- Develop, implement, and enforce standards for documentation operating procedures
- Refine the review and approval process for the department’s knowledge base for optimal maintainability and consistency
- Help support existing code standards while documenting all processes for Software Engineering.
- Use established procedures, as well as Digital Air Strike's own internal tools, to troubleshoot, solve technical problems and manage change documentation
- Provide world-class customer service to our internal and external clients
- Prepare documentation to support testing procedures, policies and processes
- Manage document libraries and collaboration site using Azure DevOps, Confluence and Microsoft SharePoint
- Submit revised documentation for formal review and release
- Review, edit and organize technical project documentation related to software engineering
- Control exchange of released documents between repository and the IT/Engineering Teams
- Maintain project and product documentation in accordance with ISO requirements and predefined procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving skills and highly methodical working habits
- Experience investigating and troubleshooting complex technical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical information and clearly document it with a level of detail appropriate for the audience
- Demonstrable technical writing and editing skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively
- Superb writing skills including impeccable grammar and ability to spot and correct grammatical errors
- Ability to prioritize and execute on tasks that have competing priorities.
- Be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Exquisite attention to detail
One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field from an accredited university
- Advanced technical education from a recognized program
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience
Medical/Dental/Vision, long & short-term disability, life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, veterinary care discount program, student loan match program along with a generous vacation and sick time allowance, paid holidays and extra anniversary days off!
Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.