Walnut Creek, CA
The Professional team handles Professional Liability insurance which includes Directors & Officers (D&O), Errors & Omissions (E&O), Fiduciary, Employment Practices Liability (EPL), and Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) products.
As an Underwriter D&O you will focus on establishing strong relationships internally and externally and to act as the critical interface between the broker and clients and the company. You are expected to generate profitable premium and develop broker and client relationships.
You will report to the Regional Head of Professional.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Be a contributing member of a collaborative, profit driven underwriting team
· Learn and understand market trends, professional liability products and profit drivers to maximize results
· Continually develop and leverage your industry knowledge to win business
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and brokers
· Conduct research and analysis of new and renewal business
· Manage a book of business profitably within a collaborative environment
· Develop strategies and recommendations for your individual accounts
· Conduct client and broker meetings to obtain underwriting information and share the team’s capabilities
· Use negotiating skills to create best possible outcomes for the team
· Travel up to 25%.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
· Experience: 5+ years of underwriting experience in Directors & Officers D&O.
· Communication: Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to negotiate and effectively communicate a viewpoint. Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT applications.
· Collaboration: Be able to work effectively in a team setting.
· Technical Skills: Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment requiring good judgment and analytical skills. Excellent organizational skills. General interest in Insurance industry.
· Leadership: Strong demonstration of initiative, interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor are critical. Customer focus. Demonstrates a proactive approach to suggesting approaches for improvement in work processes.
· Education: Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics or Business preferred but not required.