The Social Law
The Social on 83rd prides itself on attentive, stellar service for EVERY guest, EVERY time. To achieve the level of service our guests expect and deserve, we ask that ALL Socialites follow these very important LAWS.
- LAW #1 SECTIONS DO NOT MATTER when it comes to service and guest satisfaction. ALL Socialites will work outside of their fixed sections, ensuring that each guest is completely taken care of. This creates an atmosphere known for service and TRUE hospitality.
- LAW #2 - PRE-BUSSING IS, VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT, ALWAYS. Everyone is required to scan the room constantly, looking for trash, dirty dishes, glasses, etc. See Law #1. Every table is your table. FULL HANDS IN. FULL HANDS OUT.
- Law #3 HOT food before COLD drinks. If there is food to be run, it always takes precedent over everything else. A lot of thought and care is put into our cuisine. Making sure it is delivered hot and fresh is vital to our success.
- LAW #4 TAKE THE INITIATIVE!!! We realize this is a broad statement so here are some examples...if there is a full garbage, take it out! If the well is full of drinks, grab a tray, run them! If there is debris on the floor, SWEEP! Anticipating the needs of your fellow co-workers can be VERY helpful, especially in those busier moments. Be mindful of what's happening around you, always ASKING YOURSELF "What can I do right now?" Or... Jill will be asking you....
- LAW # 5 YOUR smile AND positive attitude - is part of your uniform. Do NOT come to work without it. Leave everything else at the door.
- Law #6 Hello's & Goodbye's All staff is required to acknowledge EVERY guest on their way IN & OUT. Guests WILL remember us. It will set us apart from other restaurants. See Law #5.
- LAW #7 Punctuality is a VIRTUE Do NOT be late. Being a good steward of your time shows proper planning, personal discipline, and a respect for others' time.
- THE GOLDEN LAW - ALWAYS be respectful of fellow Socialites, no matter what the race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc. We are ALL special and important pieces to this puzzle. We ALL provide something unique. Any bullying, gossip, or other childish nonsense will not be tolerated at all. Zero tolerance policy for any unkind behavior.