Food server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers upon entrance
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take and serve orders
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
- Hands-on experience in cashier duties
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- High school diploma is a plus but not required
- Retirement Savings Plan - After 1 year of employment you are eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) plan upon reaching 21 years of age.
- Paid Time Off - Earn vacation based upon company policy
- Discounts - 25% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages for team members to enjoy with their family and friends outside of their work shift
- Healthcare Coverage - Restaurant hourly team members may become eligible for health and welfare plans the first of the month following an ACA measurement period in which average hours worked per week is 30 or greater.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR GUESTS, TEAM MEMBERS & COMMUNITY
Village Inn is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer
Join the VillageInn (VI / VIllage Inn's) team today. This restaurant front of house job for Food Server / Waiter will focus on guest service / waiting tables in which you will be expected to provide great customer service. Mesero / Mesera roles also must interact with co-workers in a friendly and thoughtful manner in addition to other Waiters / Waitresses.