Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
BASIC FUNCTION: Servers ensure that our guests have an exceptional dining experience by attending to their needs and making them feel comfortable and well taken care of. Ideal candidates have stamina, a charismatic personality, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Servers focus on opportunities to enhance the guests’ event by their ability to create memorable and personal experiences.
***SIGN-ON BONUS*** EXTRA $100 after 30days of employment AND another $200 after 90days PLUS your hourly wages and tips!!!
The David Rubenstein Forum is a University-wide facility for scholarly and academic discourse on campus. The venue supports and promotes inquiry, the open exchange of ideas, and the power of academic, interdisciplinary convening. The Forum is located at the intersection of East 60th Street and Woodlawn Avenue. It serves as a place where scholars gather and exchange ideas through activities that range from talks and workshops to multi-day conferences that span academic disciplines. The facility provides spaces and amenities that are not currently available on campus, including highly collaborative, well-appointed meeting and event rooms commensurate with the types of conferences, special events, workshops, and meetings that University faculty and academic departments host. The building has a sustainable design target of LEED Gold.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 4 years of food and beverage experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of banquet, event and/or catering serving experience preferred
- Preferred experience in a 4-star, 5-star venue with synchronized service
- Adequate knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment Exemplify the Forum by maintaining a professional and welcoming appearance
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- High school education required
- Adheres to the steps of service according to the service standards
- Familiar with various styles of service, including European Family Style Service
- Familiarizes him/herself with all menu items, wine and beverage lists
- Set up for events to include setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks, placement of center pieces
- Set up for AM or PM break stations that include coffee, tea, snacks, beverages, etc.
- Assists as needed with event room setup according to meal period and table needs
- Performs food & beverage preparation duties such as preparing condiments, brewing coffee and ensuring workstations are stocked
- Ensures all opening, on-going and closing side work is complete and signed off by a manager on duty
- Serves food and beverages to guests Removes dishes, glasses, silverware or other items from tables/counter tops and takes them to the kitchen
- Cleans and sanitizes tables and/or counters & seats after guests are finished
- Answers questions relating to menus items
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request and dietary issues made by the guest
- Provides general property information Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all Forum amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Ensures final quality check on food and beverage items prior to serving guests
- Monitors assigned tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with high concern
- Provides assistance to other event and restaurant staff as needed
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons)
- Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Maintains a professional appearance according to the dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
- Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
- Be well organized and efficient.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Help in other areas of the restaurant, including seating guests.