Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Casino Brighton can feel more like play than work. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits and a great work environment. If you're ready to join a stellar team full of tastemakers and trendsetters who stand out from the average resort crew, apply today.
Seminole Casino Brighton is a 27,000-square-foot casino with 375-slot and gaming machines, a seven-table poker room, and high-stake bingo seats, with full service restaurant and lounge. Its warm and friendly staff, ultra-modern air-conditioning system, clean atmosphere, and rewarding casino promotions are a welcome alternative to big city gaming.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for serving food and beverages in accordance to company standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with external and internal customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Recognizes guests immediately with a friendly, courteous greeting and informs them of daily specials, soup of the day, etc.
- Assists guests with menu and beverage selection, demonstrating salesmanship with complete menu and product knowledge.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through food quality checks and responsiveness to guest complaints.
- Maintains a well-groomed, neat, and clean appearance, carrying out duties with attention to sanitation and safety.
- Anticipates, identifies, and provides for guest needs.
- Performs inventories and other duties as assigned.
- Performs tableside cooking, salad entrées, desserts and presents, opens and pours wines.
- Ability to transport trays and/or plates throughout the restaurant, which may weigh up to 20 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Ability to take orders, recite specials, and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Ability to stand throughout an eight-hour shift.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move throughout the restaurant and the kitchen area.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of employees.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position works in an environment that is subject to varying levels of smoke, crowds, and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Machines and equipment used, but not limited to, include coffee machine, beverage dispenser, microwave, toaster, and Point-of Service System.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with food, beverage, and wine service.
- Knowledge of table service procedures and table etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two years’ table service experience.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to: second hand smoke, excessive noise, and constant exposure to general public.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced, often crowded and noisy.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen