Service Desk Dispatcher
Center for Computer Resources
Sterling Heights, MI
Service Desk Dispatcher
Center for Computer Resources was founded in 1981 with the purpose of helping small businesses in Southeastern, Michigan with their IT services. CCR is a recognized industry leader in Managed Services and in consulting, implementation, support and training for Office 365. We offer a stable work environment in a fun and lively atmosphere. CCR offers great medical benefits, paid holidays, PTO and a bonus share program.
The Service Desk Dispatcher is the client advocate acting as the liaison between our service technicians and our clients. To fill this role, we're looking for a candidate that is energetic, outgoing, patient and highly organized. You will be answering the phone, creating and updating service requests, managing the service board, communicating with our technicians directly, and scheduling their days. Strong client relations and communication skills are a must.
- Handle client communication keeping clients informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Act as the single point of contact to the client for all types of service requests
- Collect information from clients and properly create tickets in our ticketing system.
- Prioritize service incidents and dispatch tickets to engineers following established procedures
- Manage engineer schedules to ensure efficient service delivery and maximize utilization of billable resources.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Collaborate with peers and other business units to resolve service issues in a timely fashion.
- Manage multiple service ticket boards
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and equipment preferred. (PC’s, Servers, Switches, Routers etc.)
- Relevant work experience working in a Help Desk / Service role is considered highly desirable and will be given extra consideration.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care.
- Skilled at resolving client complaints.
- Ability to match technical resources with technical issues.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing work environment
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, in speaking or writing.
- Must be self motivated and able to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume call center.