Service Fueler Detailer Technician
We are hiring a Service Fueler Detailer Technician in Akron, OH.
Days on: Tuesday-Saturday
$2500 Sign on Bonus
Looking for someone who wants to GROW and STAY with Ryder System.
Paid WEEKLY, Life Insurance, Vacation, and other great benefits.
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
Call or Text Natalie 573-529-0707
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The Service Employee IV-Regulated is primarily responsible for performing all tasks related to the Service Island including tire repairs, fuel inventories and safety inspections at the maintenance facility.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience as a Service Island II or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand customer's verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email; must be able to read and understand codes and instructions on the computer. Must have basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry Highly thorough and dependable
- Ability to:
- Work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Work at different locations
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A
- DOT Safety Regulated Position; this position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:o Be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hireo Pass a Ryder Drug Testo Pass a DOT physicalo Pass a Ryder road testo Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 yearsSafety Sensitive Position
- Maintain proper vehicle fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation; record fuel activity; check oil
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies; perform some facility maintenance
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies and procedures
- Check tire pressure, minor tire repairs & replacements, wheel alignments, tire inventory per company's policies/procedures
- Assist with environmental compliance of the location. Perform some preventive maintenance
- Conduct fleet analysis and report service issues to management
- Wash and detail vehicles; washing windows; move heavy duty vehicles
- May mentor and assist lower level service employees and technicians on tiresPerforms other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.