Experienced Service Manager
Inland Empire Chevrolet Dealer is searching for an EXPERIENCED SERVICE MANAGER to run our busy, growing service department. Candidate MUST have previous General Motors Service Manager experience, know how to lead a growing team, maintain high CSI, be hands on and understand the use of new technologies. If you are energetic, honest, responsible, and know what it takes to run a successful service department, then we want to meet you. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great team and a dealership that offering a career not just a job.
What we offer:
Salary based on experience and past job history – Earning potential $150,000- $200,000 plus yearly
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision Insurance
Expectations and Responsibilities:
Service Managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
Service Managers lead by example. We expect you to put your team’s success before your own, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation.
Service Managers are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your department performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
Service Manager keeps department up to date on all training required by the manufacture, along with any additional compliant training.
Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the daily operations to achieve specific goals in productivity, quality, output, cost as well as revenue.
Service Managers act in the best interest of the dealership at all times. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers.
Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures.
Attitude and approach IS everything. You must:
- Be a leader and a team-player.
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
- Possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your customers and your team. Your success depends on theirs.
- Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a dealership service department
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities.
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading.