The Dobbs Truck Group is a growth company that successfully expands our operations and customer base through a high-quality team of employees.
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center. These dealerships represent some of the best commercial truck brands including Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, Autocar, and Hino and include locations in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k), as well as paid vacation and sick leave. Our Company is looking for long-term employees that we can invest in and grow with as we pursue our mission of being the premier commercial truck dealer group.
I.General Job Description
This position will be responsible for the management of the assigned Service Department operations with the objective of achieving planned sales and profitability objectives while adhering to the Company’s established procedures for business conduct, safety, and personnel administration.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· Assist in developing an annual department business plan and continuous improvement plans.
· Manage staffing levels and assigned work hours to meet customer needs and maximize profitability.
· Recruit, interview, hire, provide feedback, document performance, and promptly address issues.
· Assess daily work operations to enhance the department's efficiency and productivity.
· Assure technician certification and training are kept current and meets product demands.
· Manage the process of opening repair orders including customer signatures, estimates, and payment methods in advance of work initiation.
· Work closely with Parts Manager to ensure the timely ordering, stocking, and receiving of shop parts.
· Implement corrective action when internal processes cause costly delays and excessive downtime.
· Assure 100% compliance to Company’s credit and cash management policies.
· Complete repair order reviews and closures of less than 3 days from work completion for non-warranty.
· Manage warranty repairs per Peterbilt, Caterpillar, Cummins, Eaton, and TRW authorization and warranty parts return requirements, as well as forward warranty repair orders to Warranty Administrator within 2 business days of work completion.
· Monitor the quality of work to ensure high customer satisfaction and minimal repair comebacks.
· Manage customer relation issues in a professional, productive, and prompt manner.
· Ensure shop equipment and tooling is properly controlled and secured.
· Initiate purchase orders for shop equipment and obtain authorization for expenditure as required.
· Monitor safety and environmental compliance and advise senior management of potential risks.
· Recommend investments in equipment, facilities, personnel, or other to improve operations.
· Manage assigned fleet including preventative maintenance, repair processes, and work analysis.
· Ensure vehicle maintenance tracking system is continually updated.
· Manage the process of opening PacLease repair orders including customer signatures, estimates, and payment methods in advance of work initiation.
II.Minimum Job Qualifications
· 18 years of age.
· High school graduate, GED, or 1 year of work experience.
· 5 years heavy-duty truck repair experience.
III.Desired Job Qualifications
· OEM management experience (PACCAR).
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge off Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Strong organization, communication, customer service, managerial, and leadership skills.
IV.Mental Capability Requirements
· Comprehension: Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues, negotiate, and integrate different viewpoints.
· Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on long-term basis.
· Reasoning & Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant impact on department’s credibility, operations, and services.
· Communication: Ability to formulate complex and comprehensive materials, such as legal documents, authoritative reports, official publications of major scope and impacts, and make formal presentations.
· Mathematics: Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and develop forecasts and computer models.
V.Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level is normally loud.
VI.Common Expectations of Performance for all Employees
The following includes common expectations for all employees of the Company. The evaluation of job performance will be based on these common expectations as well as the position-specific responsibilities described above.
Communications, Teamwork, and Feedback to Others
· Contribute to a work environment that is based on trust and respect.
· Have discussions on a regular basis with their manager to discuss opportunities to best achieve individual performance objectives and departmental goals.
· Suggest ways to improve the efficiency of conducting their job duties.
· Promote continuous improvement and change to support company growth.
· Mentor others unselfishly.
· Give credit where it’s due.
Company Loyal Policies and Work Ethic
· Adhere to the policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhere to the Company’s Employee Conduct Policy.
· Support management decisions toward meeting company goals.
· Be open and receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin.
Make prudent decisions, which are based on the best interest of the Company and its long-term future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center.
Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center are equal opportunity employers that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Parts do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status; or on the basis of age against persons whose age is 40 and over, or on the basis of physical or mental disability; or to disabled veterans or to Vietnam veterans.
We are proud to be an affirmative action employer and encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to join our team.