Service Support Representative - Administrative
Altec Industries, Inc.
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada.
This critical service support position is responsible for providing excellent customer support and satisfaction within the Service Support areas: Administrative, Inventory, Parts and Estimating. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves customer issues. Provides updates to Team Lead for internal teams on customer needs that contribute to the customer satisfaction.
Administrative Service Support
- Creates accurate and timely repair orders.
- Confers with customers, supervisors, and vendors to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment.
- Performs specific customer requirements for the opening and closing of Service Requests.
- Resolves problems with strong analytical and administrative abilities.
- Resolves Level 1 and 2 Installed Base updates.
- Effectively represents Team Altec
- Communicates any customer needs/requests within Service’s scope to the appropriate Altec entity or External customer.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required and
- Two years of experience in industry related field required (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Bachelor’s Degree and
- One years’ experience in industry related field preferred (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Hydraulic or mechanical background preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience of providing high levels of customer support
- Strong Computer Skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team player with a collaborative nature
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
See More at jobs.altec.com
Value-Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply as many MOS codes relate to equipment
Competitive pay which rewards performance and a comprehensive benefits package.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.