ServiceNow Senior Application Developer
San Jose, CA
As a ServiceNow Senior Application Developer you will be focusing on developments related to the ServiceNow platform, the IT, HR, CSM processes and CMDB. You will collaborate with our Business Analysts and the stakeholders by providing technical conceptions and practical implementation of solutions for our customers from different industries. You will be responsible for advanced designing, implementing, testing, and deploying solutions using Now Create and IBM Garage & Agile methods.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- ServiceNow Application Developer experience with Scoped apps development knowledge.
- CMDB Implementation, Support and Data Normalization.
- Support the ServiceNow Technical Consultant where customization over configuration is required for Service Catalog, Service Portal, Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Release, Asset Management, Configuration Management (CMDB), Project & Portfolio (PPM), Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Reporting / Performance Analytics
- ServiceNow wizard for maturing platform capabilities and automating administrative tasks such as management of users, groups and roles.
- Help transform business and technical requirements into implementation plans; Document requirements, develop technical specifications, maintain architecture / integration documentation
- Formulate and socialize development best practices within ServiceNow, utilize studio and team development features within ServiceNow to maximize productivity and effectiveness.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and fix identified ServiceNow system issues / operational support tickets
- Hands-on technical delivery including required documentation of cost-effective Service-now solutions, Ability to create and modify Workflows. Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the ServiceNow platform.
- Hands-on migrating data from different tools into ServiceNow.
- Good at creating required information for Reporting and Dashboards
- Responsibilities include custom application development and bug fixes related to improving the reliability and scalability of ServiceNOW Platform and applications. Examples of past and previous projects include implementing support for multiple databases, adding support for NoSQL as an alternative document store integrated into the platform, automated error detection and self-healing, instrumentation of the ServiceNow platform to provide new insight into performance problems.
- Develop and manage Service Catalog Items
- Demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time.
- Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies quickly.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of ServiceNow Development experience
- Experience developing on enterprise platforms
- Reporting and data analysis skills
- Creation of script based Assignment and Approval rule
- Creation of Business Rule, UI Action by using Glide script
- Creation of Glide Record object and use of several other important objects as these objects are created for you when your script is called
- Creation of custom related list
- Creation of Access Control List with the help of Scripting
- Creation of Script based UI Policy and Client Script
- Glide Ajax, Glide Form (g_form), Glide User (g_user), Glide Record, Glide System, Glide Element, Glide Aggregate Querying the table by using Glide Record Referencing Glide List Debugging script Creating and customizing UI and pages using Jelly Working with complex Log Files
- Render forms, lists, UI Pages, and many other things in Service-now.com with the help of Jelly Designing of Macros and Formatters
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Use of Import Sets for data loading from external file or database to the service-now.com
- Strong Knowledge of key integrations and their mechanisms like Workday, Successfactors, SAP, Sailpoint
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, SSO, SSL and other such technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes
- Knowledge of AngularJS, AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks
- Certified System Administrator
- Certified Application Developer
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
About the Company
At IBM, you don’t need a degree to shape the future. Just bring your skills—and your passion. To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate.
Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Let’s get to work.