Experience a perfect blend of deliberate purpose and clear-eyed vision. At Ulta Beauty, some of the industry’s most highly-esteemed beauty leaders share themselves, as well as their expertise. Building authentic community. Creating a real sense of belonging—even as they’re plotting a bold, strategic course of exciting innovations destined to revolutionize the industry.
Think robust organizational support. Ever-increasing levels of investment. And a healthy dose of personal empowerment and growth opportunity. All with a company of unwavering strength and stability.
We are the future of beauty services. Be part of the transformation.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As a Services Manager at Ulta Beauty, you are responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers sales growth in retail and services. You will oversee a team of stylists, estheticians and boutique leads and are accountable for all aspects of the services business, including services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance, pro hair and PCA merchandise sales, events, guest satisfaction, and operational excellence. You will drive your business through a focus on performance (services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance, pro hair and PCA merchandise sales and in-store events), people (guest experience and associate culture), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, the ability to deliver exceptional guest service and to lead a team of retail and service professionals.
You’ll accomplish all of this by:
- Promoting a culture of accountability to meet or exceed the store’s goals related to retail and service sales, guest loyalty (including credit), payroll, retail shrink and omni-channel initiatives.
- Meeting/exceeding goals related to services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance pro hair and personal care appliance merchandise sales and service sales (e.g., service revenue, average ticket, guest count, guest retention, rebooking, pro hair retail revenue, retention/turnover and contribution goals)
- Planning and executing in-store events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience, driving brand partner collaboration and delivering on sales and payroll goals.
- Attracting and building a highly engaged team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand through effective collaboration, open and honest two-way communication, prioritization of work and coaching to the behaviors that will drive guest loyalty.
- Establishing performance metrics for the team and/or personal goals, to include attendance at all required training/education programs, coaching, individual development plans and annual performance appraisals
- Managing service and boutique supply inventory and ordering process, ensuring allocated budget is adhered to and necessary products for services are on hand
- Communicating and providing feedback to field leadership, including the Business Market Trainer and Services District Leader, on business trends and opportunities, events, operational challenges, merchandise needs and competitive landscape
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5+ years of relevant, fast-paced retail management work experience or other relevant work experience and possess:
- A Cosmetology license where required by the state
- 2 years of management experience, including cosmetology management license where required by state law
- Financial management experience: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Advanced competency in services, including sales, guest experience and product attachment
- Demonstrated knowledge of board of cosmetology regulations and hiring requirements
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture and executing merchandise directives
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining superior results
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
States with Cosmetology License Required
- Connecticut- Quinnipiack Valley only
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
States with NO Cosmetology License Required
- Connecticut (except Quinnipiack Valley)
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule, including days, evenings, weekend and holidays
- Ability to travel overnight to attend offsite meetings
- On a regular basis, requires continuous mobility throughout the store
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel, and crouch
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and maintain balance
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.