The Site Manager role will be responsible for leading crews, planning, coordinating and executing outside plant projects. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience to the role that highlights their capability to manage construction projects.
- Hold daily crew & safety meeting onsite and provide required documentation daily, or as often as required, to Safety Manager.
- Responsible to directly manage one project (or more than one project in special situations as required) subject to the size, scope or work, subject matter expertise, and specialization(s) required.
- Required to work daily and collaboratively with Site Supervisor (s), crew(s), subcontractor(s), Project Manager, assigned Operations Director (if any) and other leadership to execute projects on time, under budget, in compliance, and achieve customer excellence.
- Responsible to attend Project Status Huddle on their project(s) as required.
- Responsible for providing and presenting Weekly Status Report for Weekly Site Meeting.
- Responsible to attend as required, weekly IPT meetings or equivalent that occur with customer(s).
- Responsible to provide accurate Daily Work Reports (DWRs) to Project Manager in order to keep tracker updated daily.
- Required to perform physical work as a crew member on projects, as needed and when required, to execute projects on time, under budget, in compliance, and achieve customer excellence.
- Work as needed with the Project Manager to manage and lead the construction of the project.
- Interact as required with Project Manager and Engineering & Estimating to coordinate project construction activities, productivity and financial reporting, invoice review, and change order management.
- Responsible to coordinate all change orders with Engineering & Estimating, Project Manager, and then work all change orders successfully.
- Responsible to manage permits, right of way, and easements to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Constant oversite and management of subcontractor and / or crews to verify work progress, adjust priorities, discuss roadblocks, needed changes, deal with material issues, etc. to avoid missing production deadlines and stay on schedule.
- Responsible for proper coordination of all activities at the job site if working with multiple subcontractors or utilities. Must coordinate work schedules in a dynamic environment to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Responsible to coordinate internal resources as needed, fiber techs, splicers, and others needed to execute project.
- Responsible to make contact as required for permission to work on private or public property.
- Responsible for coordinating with leadership an available contractor or resources to assist in restoration / clean up.
- Enforces company and customer safety rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Supports, complies with, and participates in the company safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in construction a preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, and project management experience.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management construction and delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with underground and aerial utility construction processes, boring, trenching, placing conduit, pulling cable, asphalt patching, pole attachments, permitting, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of coaxial cable and fiber optic cable plant construction including building, splicing, basic design, theory and operation.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Must be able to manage construction schedule and responses in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work individually or in a team environment, both inside and out.
- The employee must possess a valid driver's license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- The employee must perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
Job Type: Full-time