Machine Operator – Encapsulation
An innovative and growing company engaged in development, manufacturing and marketing of dietary supplements has a key experienced Machine Operator position for its new blending and encapsulation equipment in a GMP production environment. The individual filling this position will have the opportunity to play a lead role to introduce new production capabilities and grow with the company.
The position is located in our company HQ, currently located in downtown Chicago in the West Loop / Fulton Market neighborhood, soon to be relocated to a larger facility in a pleasant corporate park location in a northern suburb.
As an Encapsulation Machine Operator, you will be responsible for setting up and operating encapsulation and process equipment to produce supplements in capsule forms. The key responsibilities will include:
- Receive and weigh raw materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; load into blending equipment and make the necessary adjustments
- If needed, operate milling equipment to obtain the required density and flow characteristics
- Transfer ingredients/or blends and empty capsules into the hopper of the encapsulation equipment
- Adjust and set up machines to obtain the proper fill weight as specified in the MBR
- Perform in-process checks until batch is complete i.e., fill weight, etc.
- Collect and weigh capsule yields into containers using platform bench scales
- Perform changeover from one product or batch to another; disassembles and cleans equipment; reassembles equipment for next batch.
- Troubleshoots any equipment/process problems and resolves as quickly as possible.
- Coordinate with Quality Control on batch record signoff and anything that violates cGMP's.
- Maintain required logs and other records accurately and completely. Use computer to enter data.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Clean the manufacturing equipment, utensils and the room
- Operate equipment to transport raw materials or finished product, and scales to weigh bulk materials when necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, environment. Should have at least 1 year of previous encapsulation operator experience
- Able to read, write and perform basic math skills in English
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Good team player and good communicator
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Attendance and punctuality are essential
- Need to be able to lift up to 15lbs unassisted and be comfortable spending long periods of time standing