Skilled Maintenance Team Member
Skilled Maintenance Team Member
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s General Maintenance Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Skilled Team Member, General Maintenance.
The primary responsibility of this role is to preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standards.
Reporting to the General Maintenance Supervisor, the person in this role will support Toyota Motor’s Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK), Toyota's largest North America manufacturing operation. The facility produces over 500,000 vehicles annually. Production includes assembly of the Camry, Camry Hybrid, Avalon, and Lexus ES350, Lexus ES300 Hybrid and Rav 4 Hybrid. TMMK also builds 4-cylinder and V6 engines and powertrain parts.
What you’ll be doing
Skilled Maintenance Technicians support the production, quality, cost and safety goals of the manufacturing operation and plant facilities. All skilled personnel are responsible for preventive maintenance, process and equipment improvements and effective troubleshooting. These responsibilities include:
- Test and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment or systems. (Involving circuits, relay logic, wiring, motors, servo drives, etc.)
- Fabricate and machine components to repair jigs, fixtures and parts (metal, plastic, and wood) for projects, equipment repair, maintenance work orders, and machine modifications.
- Write, program, troubleshoot, modify and/or repair programmable logic controllers, CNC machines, robotics, and other electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical equipment and machine components.
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods.
- Ability to problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity.
What you bring
- Industrial Maintenance and/or Military equivalent experience
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas: PLC's, Computers & Information Technology, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, Motion/Motor Control, Welding, Machining
- Available to work any shift including overtime, holidays, weekends, and shutdowns
Added bonus if you have:
- Electrical degree, diploma, or certification of completion for studies of electricity
- Documentation of any state Journeyman’s Electrical License current or expired
- Experience working with and/or repairing Robotics
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time