Skilled Maintenance Technician
Steven Scott Management
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
On-Call Rotation Schedule: 1 week every 8-12 weeks; $55.00 hour portal to portal
This is a full-time benefit eligible position.
This level of technician is required to have the licenses and certifications necessary for the property(s) worked at.
- Provide a variety of skilled building maintenance including repairs to sinks, windows, floors and other parts of the building.
- Daily repair and upkeep of the property including work orders.
- Maintains the grounds as assigned which may include trash pick-up, shoveling, and sweeping curb/dumpster area, maintaining landscape beds and other areas.
- Preparation of vacant units for occupancy which may include cleaning responsibilities.
- Install, repair (including soldering) and maintain various plumbing; heating and air conditioning fixtures; perform metal fabrication and welding.
- Installation and repair of major and minor appliances (e.g. washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwashers, etc.).
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues, diagnose problems, replace and/or repair parts, test and make necessary adjustments to ensure issues are resolved.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs as needed.
- Complete minor work orders such as snake toilets, snake drains, clear slow draining tubs, adjust/replace door closure, remove/replace caulking and replace locks, deadbolts and passage locks.
- Complete basic plumbing work orders such as repair leaking faucets, replace faucets, and replace different components of toilets such as flapper, toilet handle and ballcocks.
- Demonstrate courteous and efficient customer service at all times.
- Provide direction and maintenance training, as necessary, to team members.