SOC Analyst II / Tier 2 ***Secret Clearance*** (21-011)
Job Title: SOC Analyst II
Location: Fairmont, WV
Security Clearance: Active Secret or TS
IBSS is looking for early career cybersecurity candidates to support an operational enterprise Security Operations Center for a large federal agency client. The Security Operations Center is a 24x7x365 SOC Watch Floor with shift coverage of SOC analysts, Incident Response support, and watch floor lead with a staff of approximately 65 personnel in the program overall.
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the agency SOC. This includes proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cybersecurity status and reports to enable timely decision-making for 24/7 operations, SOC Tier I analysts monitor and investigate alerts sent to the SOC.
- Operate within direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs as well as agency procedures.
- Participate regularly in SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Other related duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the client and/or the program manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 2 years or more of experience within a cyber operation and SOC environment.
- Strong understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors.
- Experience with industry standard help desk tools.
- Experience with firewalls, routers or antivirus appliances.
- Ability to adjust to “day and night shift rotational schedule.”
- Night Shift coverage is required.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Fully adjudicated Active Secret, or TS
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with SIEM solutions - ArcSight, Splunk, FireEye, Archer.
- One or more of the following security or IT certifications is desired; Security +, Network +, A+, CCSA, CCSE, GCIA, GCIH, GNFA, CCNP.
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About the Company
At IBSS, our mission is to empower our employees to achieve more and reach their potential. We are comprised of over 70 passionate employees who use their diverse backgrounds and experiences to better serve our clients and our community. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). Since 1992, we have provided specialized and custom solutions in professional and technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering services.