Social Worker (LSW/LCSW)
Crystal Lake, IL
Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Social Worker (LSW/LCSW)!
JourneyCare is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides care and support to families living with serious illness. With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for seriously ill adults and children. JourneyCare is licensed to serve 13 counties in the Chicago region and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. We are more than just a career choice - it is a culture where you can make a difference!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Social Worker provides assessment of the needs of patients and families. The position also provides the patients and families with emotional and resources support. The Social Worker provides counseling regarding the dying process.
Work Schedule - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Monday-Friday) - No On-Call
Service Area(s) - Crystal Lake
Keyword: Social Worker, LCSW, LSW
Requirements for Social Worker (LSW/LCSW) positions
- Master’s or doctoral degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- Minimum of 1-year clinical experience, preferably in an acute care or hospice setting
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgement with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a calming, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality, which includes but is not limited to information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors, and Agency processes
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, e-mail), voicemail
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations, preferred