Software Engineer 2 (Open GL or Vulkan)
Garmin is looking for a full-time Software Engineer 2 to develop software for our Embedded Graphics team in Aviation in our Kansas City-based headquarters. The software engineer will provide graphics platfrom support for all Garmin Avionics products, from embedded products to simulators to pilot apps! May also perform as Lead Software Engineer for small projects or sub projects.
In addition to designing new software and performing maintenance on existing products, engineers test software using debuggers, emulators and simulators; perform software releases and software quality assurance activities; and work collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates. Other essential functions include:
- Developing high-performance, graphic intensive software on a resource constrained platform
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities as part of a software project
- May perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer for derivative software project
- Developing and maintaining multithreaded software
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Must demonstrate proficiency in C or Python
- Must possess a minimum 1 year of work experience
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or another technical field (such as CIS or IT) from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of one-year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Experience in 2D/3D (OpenGL or Vulkan) graphics and rendering technologies and a strong expertise in math.
- Experience in writing efficient GPU shader algorithms.
- Knowledge of GPU architectures.
- Experience in kernel level development OR embedded test development.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Experience as a pilot or interest in aviation is a plus!
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Primary Location: US-KS-Olathe
Organization: Aviation Business
Education Level: Full-time
Job Posting: false
Job Posting: 321232
Work Schedule: 321232