Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
Bowhead seeks an individual with C++ experience to support rapid software development and real-time critical application design. The individual will develop, update, and maintain software. The position will interface with systems engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, code, and develop documented solutions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide software development, modification, production and maintenance of weapon system modeling libraries.
• Work closely across software engineers to develop and test rapid prototype systems using an Agile development method.
• Support and develop test procedures to test system functionality and generate software troubleshoot reports.
• Prepare documentation and support configuration management guidelines.
• Three to Six (3-6) years professional technical experience with C++ with specialized experience performing software design, coding and compilation of code; computer or software requirements management, and computer systems or software integration.
• Experience related to weapons systems and/or Navy programs and C# preferred."
• Experience with JavaFX, GitLab/GitHub, and unit testing preferred.
• Continuous Integration experience including code coverage, static/dynamic analysis, and automated build processes preferred.
• Specialized experience shall also include demonstrated ability to engineer complex systems with integrated software and hardware solutions.
• Ability to work with others in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment to meet established goals and program schedules.
• Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
• Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
About the Company
Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are a division of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC). UIC is one of the largest ANC’s in Alaska, and combined with UICGS/Bowhead, we offer a wide variety of services to defense and civilian government agencies that reach across multiple disciplines, the U.S., and the world. With our excellent management team and great range of services in the areas of Information Technology, Logistics & Marine, Manufacturing & Products, Program Management and Operations, and Systems & Technology, we perform over 250 contracts worldwide with innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance services, manufacturing, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, our 3,500+ employees of the Bowhead family of companies, UIC, UIC Government Services, UIC Government Construction, and UIC Commercial remain committed to delivering quality results to ensure our customers’ success. Headquartered in Virginia, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation consistently recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) certified small business companies for government contracting.