A Day in the Life
Product XM Team is at an exciting time. We are creating a brand new category. Our mission is to help other companies, big or small, to make great products that their customers will love. There are a lot of opportunities to craft this future together with your fellow engineers. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be applying your distributed systems knowledge, familiarity with full stack development, relational databases, various storage engines, and web service design and implementation to build world-class software and services. Primarily, our current stack includes Node.js, ReactJS, Typescript, Python, MongoDB, MySQL, Kafka, Spark, and some of the home-built platforms. You will also have the freedom to explore and choose new technology when it fits.
You should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth. You will own quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Have worked on frontend development and have familiarity with backend services
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of significant experience (note - we are looking for extraordinary people at different levels from junior to principle)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.