Software Engineer in Test (Manual)
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer in Test for our Workplace Investing business unit in Westlake, TX.
The Workplace Investing QA team has an opening for a Senior Software Quality Engineer. This individual will have the opportunity to work in a thriving QA team and implement test automation for Web Services in the Defined Contribution area.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- 4+ years’ experience in functional testing and automation including Web Services
- Hands-on automation experience with SOATest, SOAPUI
- Solid understanding of Automation Frameworks – Data Driven, Key word Driven, HybridGood understanding of TDD, CI-CD and DevOps concepts is preferred. Kick off smoke test/regression testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
The Purpose of your role
You will work with a team of Quality Engineers to deliver new products and services to Fidelity’s 401(k) customers. You will develop test cases and employ automation techniques that ensure our products exceed our customers’ expectations. You will be an integral team member in an evolving Agile environment with a focus on innovation and delivery.
The Skills you bring
- Follow established standard methodologies for software development and test automation.
- You develop effective test automation plans/strategy
- You have proficient knowledge and experience of taking complex features and breaking them down into with well-defined business value and acceptance criteria
- Develop Test Automation components to promote maintainability, flexibility, extensibility and scalability
- You can use and improve upon an existing automation framework
- You have the demonstrable ability to work independently with limited supervision as part of an Agile team
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You are motivated, self-directed, aptitude for learning and a team player
- You are a reciprocal teammate who can work independently across local and distributed teams to develop original and creative technical solutions.
The Value you deliver
You will have a pivotal role on project delivery teams – developing tests and automated suites that tirelessly test our products and instill confidence in their capabilities. You will be part of a larger QA team, using innovative and creative automation techniques to test applications and ensure quality delivery of products that will delight customers. At the same time, you will be learning new techniques and methodologies as we dive into DevOps, Agile development and more.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging. HR@ftsjobs.com
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.