SOTWARE ENGINEER JUNIOR (BCSS–21-0143-W):
Bowhead seeks a Software Engineer, Junior to support the upcoming Cybersecurity Information Technology contract located in Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA. This contract is tasked with cybersecurity, systems security engineering, technical, and management support services to various program offices. Specifically, this support will encompass Risk Management Framework tasks, engineering activities, and recommendations for technical support for multiple projects and programs.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform computer hardware engineering, software design, coding and compilation of code.
• Apply standard logic to design individual scientific programs and write programming instructions in a high level object orientation program language.
• Write code / complex algorithms and debug routine programs.
• Consult with the customer and team to identify and recommend hardware and software upgrades.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, engineering, or other relevant Technical discipline OR at least ninety (90) hours competed towards BS degree within a minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA.
• One (1) year of relevant technical/engineering experience is preferred but not required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to apply: