30+ days ago
*This role is intended to be filled by a resident of the Midwest or Southwest of the United States and is open to a fully remote work environment*
The Software Engineer ensures efforts are in alignment with the Claim Adjudication Technology to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Software Engineer serves as a lead role in the analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of existing and new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. As a senior team member, the Software Engineer acts as a leader to ensure adherence to project timelines and deliverables and mentors less experienced team members as required. The Software Engineer collaborates with the business teams to develop business requirements and provide guidance for possible and recommended solutions. As a developer, the Software Engineer's role will also include research, design, documentation, and modifications to software specifications throughout the product development life cycle.
* Ensure efforts delight the customer.
* Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
* Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
* Innovate and create value for the customer.
* Collaborate with business teams to identify business needs and translate into technical requirements
* Lead the effort for design development and implementation on a project-by-project basis to delivery soutions which are easily maintainable and scalable
* Research and identify new technologies and technology upgrades which will enhance the ability to delivery robust solutions
* Design, develop, document and implement application enhancements according to business technical requirements.
* Mentor less experienced team members as necessary
* Peer reviews to evaluate performance of team members as required.
* Code reviews on an as needed basis to ensure conformity to company development guidelines.
* Estimate effort required for the design, development and implementation on a project-by-project basis.
* Identify roadblocks or areas of concern and bring protential solutions to management's attention.
* Support various technologies deployed at Navitus regardless of development platform.
* Work with other technical teams to define and indentify cross-functional solutions for integration with new or existing technologies.
* Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
* Train end users to operate new or modified programs
* Install software products for end users as required.
Responsibilities (including one or more of the following):
* Angular (Angular Material, Bootstrap, etc.)
* RESTful services
* MS SQL
* Visual Studio
* Team Foundation Studio
Education: College degree (2 or 4 year program) typically in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and must have 6+ years of professional development experience.
* Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices including object oriented programming, modern Web App Design Patterns and microservice architecture.
* A demonstrated and solid grasp of microservice design principles
* Demonstrated ability to develop efficient, scalable, highly utilized web interfaces
* Utilizing design patterns and mircoservice architectures to design business requirements that ensures data can be exchanged between applications
* Extensive knowledge of source control tools such as TFS and GitHub.
* Proficient developing applications in a microservice environment utilizing containers.
* Experience participating on a Scrum/Agile team.
* Knowledge of 508 compliance related design
* Proven experience collaborating with business teams to analyze business requirements and develop technical specifications.
* Ability to interview end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
* Documented experience developing test cases and test plans.
* Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
* Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
* Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
* Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* On-call availability.
* Some travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled