Geo-Technology Associates, Inc.
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is currently seeking a certified Soil Scientist for our On-site Wastewater Suitability Evaluation Group in Nashville, TN.
Candidates should have 3 - 5 (or more) years of experience as follows:
- Soil Mapping in relation to on-site wastewater disposal suitability evaluations
- Good working relationship with Tennessee Dept. of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) in context of on-site wastewater disposal
- Logging test pits, soil borings, soil infiltration testing, percolation testing
- Preparation of soils maps, logs, and plans
- Report preparation and permit applications
- Bachelor's degree in soils or geology from an accredited institution
- Tennessee Professional Soil Scientist License
- Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) or Licensed Soil Scientist
- 5+ years of experience with test pit excavation and infiltration testing
- Proficiency in the USDA Soil Classifications System and Soil taxonomy and familiarity with the Unified Soil Classification System
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be willing to learn through trial and error, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort toward the task at hand
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as a Soil Scientist
These qualifications are a plus, but not required:
- Familiarity with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wetland delineation manual and regional supplements – a plus but not required
- Familiarity with plant identification techniques
- GIS or other applications
GTA offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries!
We ensure nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and all revisions and addendums thereof.