30+ days ago
Woodland Hills, CA
Now hiring a Solar Site Superintendent for work in the Woodland Hills area!
Trillium Construction is now seeking a Safety oriented Solar Superintendent / Construction Manager.
This position will be heavily focused on observation of safe work practices and QC checks of a photovoltaic (solar) system. The candidate will collaborate with Project Manager and Engineers to produce 3-week look ahead schedules, perform quality checks, and provide regular updates to the project team regarding subcontractor performance. The candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule of Mon - Fri, 10 hrs. per day x 5 days a week with the potential for weekend work. The candidate will need to be accountable and punctual with being the first in and last out. There will be computer work required in the form of daily reports, safety audits, photo uploads, and quality checklist updates. Location is preferably within 60 miles of the project city.
The site superintendent coordinates part or all site construction activities and supervises subcontractor field personnel as required to successfully complete the solar project safely, on schedule, and within budget. The site supervisor works diligently to build a safe, high quality, profitable solar project.
The Site Superintendent must have the ability to work as a leader on a construction site (with or without direct oversight). The Site Superintendent is expected to have a fundamental understanding of construction processes and how a project should run day to day.
Pay rate is $30-$45 an hour, depending on experience. This is full-time, long term (6-8 months) possibly longer if candidate works out. If interested, please apply today!
• Experience in relevant constructions trades are essential (solar, electrical, civil, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret plans a must.
• Ability to visually inspect progress work and identify discrepancies.
• Computer literate- Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to lift 75 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
• Able to pass Live Scan and/or background checks for DOJ/FBI
• Willingness to travel throughout the state/region as project demands change
• Required Experience: 5 years’ experience required in one or multiple areas listed below will be considered. Experience from 2 or more areas can be combined to meet minimum requirements for consideration.
o Electrical - Preferably a few years of field experience.
o Safety - Experience as a site safety rep considered.
o Civil- Preferably a few years of field experience
o Structural/Mechanical - Basic knowledge required
o Solar- Ground, roof and carport
o Experience working with engineers, inspectors, etc.
o Project management- All aspects of PM work experience is helpful. RFI/Submittal, etc.
• HS Diploma mandatory, some college preferred, areas of focus preferably in safety, management, or engineering.
• First Aid/CPR - Not mandatory but helpful.
• OSHA 30 – Preferable but not mandatory.
If you have any questions about this position Click Here.